Another one of those rather addictive cookies that I tried were cookies with cornflakes. I had lots of excess cornflakes plus my father in-law had given me another box (which I’ve yet to finish) so I had to look for an easy and fast recipe. This did not require the mixer as long as the butter was sufficiently melted and soft.
100g unsalted butter, melted for easy mixing 100g caster sugar 175g self-raising flour 1 cup crushed cornflakes 1 egg
- Pre-heat the oven at 160°
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add the egg to the batter and mix well
- Add in the flour and mix well
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a small part of the mixture (I measured each scoop. I initially tried 16g but the cookies spread out to be rather large. For a bite size cookie, try 6g.)
- Coat with cornflakes
- Place each scoop on the baking tray lined with baking paper otherwise grease the tray
- Flatten them lightly with a fork
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how brown you’d want it
- Cool on the rack and serve or store in an airtight container.
This was rather fast but it is troublesome if you’d want each cookie to be of similar weight to even out the baking.